St Jean Pied de Port

St Jean Pied de Port

The Route

The Route

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who dat?

Greetings and salutations. Never understood exactly what that meant growing up but seeing the hour it seems rather appropriate. Why you might ask am I here and now?....not referring to the ever popular question of the ages...nope that would seem to make sense...rather why the hell am I not sleeping? Because along with other lovely physical issues which I feel the need to reveal at this moment, I am peri-menopausal. Whatever the heck does that mean really? Shall I dare to explain....well let's see, most women spend their lives hormonally charged lunatics, I on the other hand have varying hormones, which makes me an unpredictable lunatic! Although, a lunatic by definition would be unpredictable, but arguing with me would only add to my predicament so I would not risk it, if I were you...! Aha, so the difference.....not really but at this point who cares right..? No one ever took me aside as a wee girl and said, "listen just want to warn ya, it ain't going to be pretty". If we were smart there would be yet another Island apart from the "Teen Island". Not like the teens, where you had no clue you are a nightmare, now you know you are a nightmare but cannot seem to help yourself but if you(global "you", not me) are lucky you(me) might apologize....but do not hold your breath on that one. Better yet, the unending ramblings seem absolutely perfect for bloggin', thus here I am at whatever hour it is....?

The point you ask..? I feel the need to reveal although those who know me now know about it, but I feel like putting it on record, I have a foot injury. It has been driving me crazy!! I have seen many people about it. The killer is that there is not much I can do about it other than perhaps sit on my butt for the rest of my life(okay, a bit of exaggeration, note above, do not argue!). The really best part is that it is where I injured my ankle (sports do kill!) a few years ago. So here is the bigger killer....with the ankle I have to keep moving, with the foot, rest. So if it were not enough that my insides(emotional) do not know what end is up, apparently neither does my physical (although the ovaries are inside but do not argue....above note!). It has been getting to me....thus being awake now...okay and the other "thing", but like an charging bull, do not look directly into my eyes(in this case pointing out the obvious).

I think what is really getting to me is having something I can do nothing about but wait. The pending trip for me is, dare I say, a double edged sword. I am truly looking forward to the spiritual aspect and normally really hyped about the physical as well but now the physical is uncertain, which causes me to question what the heck am I thinking? Most people do this when they are physically ready, been training etc. Here I am doing this with pain and I have not laid a damn foot on the path yet! Add the "lunatic" part....you can send your "good lucks" to Viviana, poor bugger! Thus the blog, better this than waking her up to freak out.

Now given my physical "situations" perhaps on the Camino is where I need to be....stay with me here....this is a pilgrimage, where better to challenge my faith both mental and physical? I need to know that no matter what, I have myself and someone I love dearly taking this journey. I guess as they say "just put one foot in front of the other"....they never put in, what if you are an injured lunatic....ah well, please send off all the positive vibes you can spare.

Good night, K.

No comments:

Post a Comment