St Jean Pied de Port

St Jean Pied de Port

The Route

The Route

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Caught being Naughty

Last night we celebrated my partners semi return to health and the news of the baby with a friend by heading out dancing. My partner even partook in some drinks!

It was a great night and so when we got home we decided to continue the party ;0). As we were getting intimate my parter whispered "baby" now I know she wasn't calling me that ... she was thinking about the baby. Shit is all I could say.... I laughed it off and she pretended it wasn't what she said and we continued....

I am not sure if it was how long it had been (she had been ill for over a month), the fact that my pregnancy hormones were flying or a combination of them both but OH MY GOD..... it was intense... thus I was very vocal... my partner covered my mouth telling me I had to watch what I was saying.... stop calling out her name and defiantly stop swearing.... she whispered... she will know... she can't know what we are doing.... as if the act of our making love will be etched in the unborn child's memory.
It was so cute.... but at the same time I was able to feel what many women in my situation are feeling as their husbands or partners worry about the baby..... As our hormones are flying causing us to be hornier than a school boy our partners are getting used to the fact that inside of us is a little human being..... a human being that is living and breathing and growing! Right now there is no bump to remind her that the baby is there.... there is no movement to show the baby is reacting to how I am feeling... I wonder what will the upcoming months bring as I get hornier and she gets more aware. I know there will be a time when I won't feel like it but right now I am going to take as much as I can ... cause once that baby is visible.... it might prove to much for the whispering lover!

Then there is the flip side... as a Doula I know sex does not harm the baby, does not cause you to miscarry and is perfectly safe. Yet just before we were getting into it I wondered... should I not do this... should I just pleasure my partner and call it quits... can I lose the baby by indulging? I got over it quick but it was a split second worry I had.... funny what goes through your mind when the baby is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment