St Jean Pied de Port

St Jean Pied de Port

The Route

The Route

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No Camino...not even close!

We have been back roughly a little over 2 months....i would swear it has been a year or more. I will say something i never thought i would utter in my life....I want to be back on the Camino! I get it now...truly. It is so hard to explain what it feels like besides the obvious pain. I would gladly take that on again, although i feel the next time around i would have a bit more sense of packing light, which would mean, not combining two trips into one. I feel lost now that we are back. Sure we are back to a schedule of sorts. Viviana has started a new course of study and thrilled beyond measure. I know she has wanted to go back as well, walking. Why, would be a very good question. I miss the simplicity of it all. I did not have lots of crap to deal with. We walked, we ate, we slept. Anything more was a bonus, chatting, laughing, exploring. It was so very genuine and real. To be fair, we live in a very ugly noisy city where we can barely think with all the madness around us. People are a complete and utter disappointment. So self absorbed, distant, empty....disconnected. I wish it were different. I know we need to find new friend's or leave. Or perhaps both....not sure just yet.

All I know is the time for change is now and I am tired of waiting for it to come. I worry about what that will mean for our future but I know I have a wonderful partner who is along for the ride, so we are going to make it a good one!

Ciao, ciao,
K

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard when I saw this post! It is EXACTLY how I feel.. when I finish each Camino I never want to see Spain again. Then within weeks or months, I'm planning my next walk. All that sparse living feels so FREE, doesn't it? That's why I'm minimalizing my life. Check out my blog to follow me... I'm on DAY 2!

    See you on the Camino, maybe :)
    Annie

    ReplyDelete